top of page



Thank you for choosing TMG Counselling Group to assist with your therapeutic needs. Please Contact us and let us know about the services you are requesting. You will be asked to complete an “Informed Consent to Treatment Agreement” once it is determined that we are a good fit for your needs. When you contact us via email, we will connect with you via email or phone to understand better your needs and assign the appropriate therapist.

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 9.53.15 PM.png



Payment can be made via cheque, cash or e-transfer and is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been made.

Insurance companies and extended health benefits

We do not directly bill insurance companies. You are responsible for claiming repayment from your insurance plan. Your Therapist will provide you with the necessary PAID receipt for filing your insurance claim. Our therapists are designated as CCC (Canadian Certified Counsellor), RCC (Registered Clinical Counsellor), RCSW (Registered Clinical Social Worker), PgCSHealth (Post Graduate Certificate in Sexual Health), BCBA (Board Certified Behaviour Analyst). Coverage depends on your Extended Health Benefit Plan. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:

Do I have mental health insurance benefits that covers counsellors registered with:

  • The Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA) – credentialing is Certified Canadian Counsellor or CCC?

  • The British Columbia Association for Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) – credentialing is Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), or

  • The BC College of Social Workers – credentialing is Registered Social Worker (RSW)

What is my deductible and has it been met?

How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?

Are other members of the family covered? (consider if participating in family therapy)


What is the coverage amount per therapy session?


Is approval required from my primary care physician?

Autism Funding

Please let us know if your child is covered by Autism Funding. A “Service to Pay” form can be filled out here  or at the initial session and submitted to the AFU for processing and assigning of an APH#. Therapies can be designated as Behavioural Consultation (Behavioural Consultant/Analyst), Family/Counselling Therapy (Individual Counselling for child/teen/sibling/parent), and/or Life Skills Program (Sexual Health Education). The AFU will be billed directly by your therapist. Parents can also manage their Autism Funding online by setting up an account at the ‘My Family Services’ site. Follow this link to set up an account:


First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)– Health Through Wellness Program

First Nations Health Benefits (FNHB) provides coverage to access mental health providers, including counselors, social workers, and psychologists. FNHB covers three mental health programs: short term crisis intervention, Indian Residential School Resolution Health Support Program, and the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls - Health Support Services. Some of our therapists are registered under the FNHB program. With prior approval from the FNHB team, we will invoice them directly. Any differences in fees will be the responsibility of the individual registered for the supports. Please follow this link to understand services that are available through the FNHA:

Crime Victims Assistance Program (CVAP) Crime Victims Assistance Program provides funding for Individuals affected by crime. You must be approved and be assigned a number for your Therapist to directly invoice CVAP. Please provide this information prior to your first session.

Insurance Company of British Columbia (ICBC) Insurance Company of British Columbia provides funding for individuals affected by post-accident struggles.

If you have any questions, please contact us

bottom of page